Peanut butter and banana is one of my ALL TIME favorite combinations. Add some yogurt and you have something irresistible!
This SCD Yogurt + Banana + Peanut Butter Bowl is literally my breakfast nearly every day. I have also been known to eat it for lunch, dinner and even dessert. And even twice in one day on occasion. It is just so satisfying!
It comes together in five minutes, and the combination of healthy protein in the yogurt and peanut butter with fresh fruit makes it a healthy, delicious meal to enjoy.
It is SCD-friendly when made with SCD yogurt, which is a special type of homemade yogurt that uses gut-friendly bacteria and is nearly lactose-free. So I think that means this is one of the best things you can eat when you follow the SCD diet.
To make this breakfast bowl you need only a few ingredients. You can also customize this in any way you’d like. Try adding blueberries, chocolate, raisins, honey, etc. The possibilities are endless.
- SCD Yogurt – you can find the recipe for SCD-friendly yogurt here.
- Peanut Butter – look for natural peanut butters that do not have added sugars or oils. I look for brands that have only dry roasted peanuts and salt.
- Banana – to be SCD-friendly, be sure to use a fully ripened banana with brown spots on the peel.
- Optional: Raw honey 🙂
- Optional: Any other ingredient you’d like to add
Putting together your SCD Yogurt + Banana + Peanut Butter Bowl
Once you have the ingredients ready, the recipe is very simple and makes the perfect quick, healthy breakfast to make any morning of the week!
- Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of yogurt into a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to the yogurt and mix until the peanut butter and yogurt are fully combined. This will make the yogurt thicken up and turn a slightly tan color.
- Slice or mash banana. I actually love the flavor of mashed banana. It brings out the sweetness and mixes into the yogurt well. Or, if you’d prefer to eat the banana as slices mixed into the yogurt, that works too!
- Drizzle honey on top and enjoy!
SCD Yogurt + Banana + Peanut Butter BowlCourse: BreakfastCuisine: SCDDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup SCD Yogurt (recipe here)
1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1 Banana, sliced or mashed
Raw honey for drizzling
- Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of yogurt into a bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp of peanut butter to the yogurt and mix until the peanut butter and yogurt are fully combined. This will make the yogurt thicken up and turn a slightly tan color.
- Slice or mash the banana and mix into the yogurt + peanut butter mixture.
- Drizzle honey on top, and add any other toppings you prefer (such as blueberries or raisins). Enjoy!
- This is truly customizable in so many ways. Add pieces of honey chocolate and extra honey for a decadent dessert. Or try adding blueberries along with your banana for an even healthier breakfast.